Edentulous patients often dodge the idea of dental implants because of the dental prices in Australia as well as the pain during surgery. For them, here is good news; dental implants are not so scary, painful and expensive. If you follow the right pre and post-operative care, you can get it without any hurdles and enjoy its benefits. Read the pre-operative care discussed here and take actions.
- Take multi-vitamin and vitamin C supplements at last one week before your dental implant surgery to facilitate proper healing.
- Avoid taking aspirin, products containing aspirin, or vitamin E, 5-7 days prior to surgery unless prohibited from doing so by your physician.
- If your surgery is in the morning, don’t eat or drink anything after 12:00 A.M., the night prior the surgery. And don’t have anything until after your procedure. Even if you are offered medication prior to the surgery, have it with little amount of water.
- Get a good night sleep before your dental implant procedure. On the surgery day, wear comfortable clothing with loose fitting and short sleeves. Remove eyelashes or contact lenses if you are fond of it. Try to empty your bladder immediately prior your surgery.
- If you have cold, upset stomach, sore throat or diarrhoea before surgery, inform your dentist as soon as possible.
- During the appointment day, bring someone to drive you to home after the procedure.
- Make available the post-surgical foods before you visit. Have protein drinks (Boost, Ensure, Smoothie ingredients etc…), cold items including fruit juice, yogurt, pudding ice cream and cottage cheese.
Similar to pre-operative care, you must follow the post-operative care tips for a fast recovery. After surgery, if you feel any discomfort, contact your surgeon immediately. Regain your lost confident with a beautiful smile!