What is Invisible Braces?
Invisible Braces is a method of orthodontic treatment which uses a series of clear, removable teeth aligners. It is an alternative to traditional metal braces.
1. The doctor will first try and make sure the patient can undergo the process. There are some cases where the patient may not be eligible
2. The dentist will then take X-ray pictures and create bite impressions of the patient’s teeth and gums
3. The same dental impressions are then sent to a company.
4. The company will then scan the impressions to create a 3D representation
5. Using a program called Treat, computer technicians will then move the teeth to the desired location
6. The 3d representation is then provided to the doctor who will consult with the patient
7. The teeth will need to be aligned and the patient may take 6 to 48 aligners depending on the patient
8. The molds for the aligners are built in layers using a liquid resin that turns into a hard plastic
9. These aligners will then apply pressure to the teeth
10. They have to be worn for 20 hours a day for 2 to 3 weeks
11. It can be removed for brushing, flossing and eating
1. The aligners are completely transparent and are far removed from the regular braces of old
2. They avoid the side effects of traditional aligners such as effects on the gums
3. It is less painful to the patient
4. They are removable for easy cleaning
5. The probability of straightening your teeth is higher than traditional braces
6. The aligners are smooth and confortable to wear
It is very important for people to understand the cost of using Invisalign. There are many dentists in Australia who offer these services at very different different rates. For more information, please visit www.dentistscost.com.au.