The wisdom tooth is usually extracted when it is absolutely important to handle any problem being caused due to its presence or to prevent the exaggeration of already existing issues. For example, the wisdom tooth breaks through the gums and the gum tissue grows over it. Due to this, germs may come in between this flap and gums will swell up making it extremely painful for the patient. If this kind of infection is not managed in the early stages, it can lead to serious issues and can even spread to other teeth or also damage the bone.
At times it is seen that the wisdom tooth comes out in an irregular manner like facing forward or on either of the sides. Wisdom teeth removal cost Sydney is also high for such extractions as these are more complicated cases.
The extraction of a wisdom tooth can be quite trying and it may seem that once it is extracted, it is all over. Cheap wisdom teeth removal Sydney is definitely possible, but it is equally important to take care of the post extraction precautions rather than focusing only on affordable wisdom teeth removal Sydney.
Post extraction period of healing is an important phase and it may last a few days. Your dentist may advise you to take certain pain killers during this period. However, to heal well, the following precautions can be very helpful.
Post Extraction Precautions
- After the extraction, your dentist will advise you to bite the gauze placed on the area of tooth extraction and keep it intact until the blood stops flowing. Post-surgery, it is better to relax and not be over active. But do not lie flat on the bed. Keep your head on the reclining pillow to ensure the bleeding stops. If the bleeding does not stop for more than a day, contact your dentist.
- For the first day, use an ice pack on the outside area of the surgery on the cheek for 15 to 20 minutes at one stretch. After the first day, use warm cloth sponging for 2 to 3 days.
- Do not suck anything like a straw or anything similar for a few days as it may increase the blood flow and remove the blood clot. Avoid smoking as well.
- From the second day onwards, you can start soft rinsing the mouth with warm saline water to reduce the swelling, but do not make it hard as again the clot may get removed.
- Do not touch the area of surgery with your tongue.
- Do not to eat anything hot for at least 48 hours to ensure that the area starts healing.
After the second day, continue brushing the teeth and cleaning the tongue as normal to avoid any infection.